A Lab Notebook

dromeas - an oceanographic lab notebook and running log
Thursday, March 10, 2005
 
Fv/Fm, S. costatum
Fv/Fm = 0.486
Fm = 1152.8

The culture had a collection of cells resting on the bottom of the flask. Hopefully, I can get an image from the microsope of my S. costatum cells up onto the site before the day is over. Also, I am working on some modeling which I don't feel like recording in the public domain until I gain a bit more progress. Plus Falko asked me to give a presentation at our twice monthly lab meeting next week... we'll see how that goes. Hopefully I can present some of the modeling work I am currently working on.
I checked out the Banff International Film festival last night. Of course this motivated me to run a bit this morning (recieving my new ipod shuffle in the mail last night also helped). I ran the outer loop of Central Park Drive (6.019 miles) plus about 0.3 miles from Zibba's place to the park, this morning. Air temp was 16F when I started with wind chill putting the temp near 5F. Crystal clear andvery few people with some of the orange gates still up in the park. The ipod shuffle worked like a champ. I went moderate on the loop doing an extra bit to round up to 10k distance in 46 minutes. I ran the last half of the loop with an economics prof. (Andrew Atkeson) from UCLA who was in NYC giving talk at Columbia. Apparently he runs on a master's cross country team in LA and ran cross at Yale back in the day. I enjoyed talking while listening to my ipod shuffle in the other ear. The moderate pace of the run seemed to loosen up my muscles and reduce the pain I have been having in my left patella quite a bit.

Comments:
So when will you have yours?
 
i am going to link you on my blog so that people think i'm all ocean smart.

and i will write a story about how i had a love affair with the ocean once, but then it broke my heart.

and then you will comment about how you have come up with the perfect formula of how to cure my broken heart.

and then you will have a huge blog following of oceanerds and bloggers alike.

and you will popularize the ocean, like sagan did the stars. kind of.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

eXTReMe Tracker